Dairy Feeder School
November 2, 2022
10am - 3pm
(addl attendee $50.00 ea.)
HostNorth Country Regional Ag Team
email Lindsay Ferlito
Topics Covered During Feeder School:
- Economics and Importance of feeder center analysis
- Dry Matter and Feeder Math-basics, how to measure, work it into ratio, refusals, adjust ration based on DM, feed software
- Feed Consistency-TMR audits
- Trouble Shooting Mixer Wagons
- Bunker Management, drone demonstration/map out bunk, bunk silo management, packing Density & Preservation
Who Should Attend:
- Those who are currently feeding dairy cows and want to learn more about the how and why of what they're doing.
- Those who are interested in becoming a cow feeder and want to increase their knowledge of cow feeding.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how to improve the feeding process on their farm.
"Sponsorship provided by: Alltech, Lallemand, and Pioneer."
Program Sponsorship for Dairy "Technology Tuesdays" Webinar Series
January 10, 2023
February 21, 2023
Cornell Cooperative Extension and Cornell PRO-DAIRY are excited to offer a sponsorship opportunity for our upcoming Dairy "Technology Tuesdays" webinar series. This seven-part webinar series offers cutting edge information about dairy technology from industry experts. There will be excellent information those who are thinking about incorporating technology and those that already have implemented new technology.
Dairy Day 2023
January 17 - January 18, 2023
Join us for the main dairy program offered by Cornell Cooperative Extension this winter in Jefferson and Lewis Counties. This 1-day seminar will provide the latest information on dairy production and management including talks on milk quality, labor and workforce development, milk prices and markets, and local research updates.
Dairy Reproduction and A.I. Training Course
January 18 - January 19, 2023
Attend this 2-day training course to become trained in dairy reproduction and artificial breeding techniques. There will be classroom sessions in the morning, followed by hands-on practice on farm in the afternoon. After this class you will be trained to artificially inseminate dairy cattle.