COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR FARMERS
NY FORWARD SAFETY PLAN TEMPLATE
How to Manange COVID-19 Risks on Dairy Farms
Regional Ag Team Operations during COVID-19
Interim Guidance for Animal Care Operations
- THIS IS KEY RIGHT NOW- many farms are feeling stressed and with poor weather ahead that doesn't bode well.
- NY FarmNet is Open- Please remember, if you or a family member or friend needs someone to speak with in these uncertain times there is support is available who understands at 1-800-547-3276 and www.nyfarmnet.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 (TALK), www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Crisis Text Line Text "GOT 5" to 741-741, www.crisistextline.org
EDIL Program Re-Opening for Agricultural Business
EIDL Application Re-Opening
The EIDL Advance/Loan portal will be re-opening shortly. The re-opening of the portal is for agricultural businesses that were previously ineligible for the program. New non-agricultural business applications will not be accepted.
The portal will be opened for a limited period, and it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible. The link to the portal will be:
If you have already applied under the streamlined application (March 30th to program closure), there is no need to re-apply.
Agricultural Businesses Defined:
Agricultural businesses includes those businesses engaged in the production of food and fiber, ranching, and raising of livestock, aquaculture, and all other farming and agricultural related industries (as defined by section 18(b) of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 647(b)).
SBA is encouraging all eligible agricultural businesses with 500 or fewer employees wishing to apply to begin preparing their business financial information needed for their application.
Links to Services
General Questions & Links:
www.trabajadores.cornell.edu (en Espa?ol)
Grants and Funding during COVID-19
• SENATE PASSES BILL- HOUSE SCHEDULED TO VOTE TODAY: PPP LOAN PROGRAM FUNDING replenished with $320 billion as well as EDIL funding of 60 billion AND expanding to Agricultural Businesses CLICK HERE for Application Information. NOTE: contact your lenders as soon as possible as funding is again available on a first come first serve basis.
• USDA Announces CFAP- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program that includes direct payments to farmers as well as product buy-ups to provide food to those in need.
• Farm Credit East Resources for FUNDING/COVID Including PPP Loan Application can be found by following the LINK HERE
• To see updated information on available relief loans, grants, or other funding check out this CCE NCRAT Blog Post on the topic. This is updated regularly.
CCE NCRAT Fall Program Sponsorship for "Healthy, Hardy, Heifers"
June 22, 2021
August 21, 2021
The CCE North Country Regional Ag Team and CCE SCNY Team are excited to be hosting an 8-part virtual series on "Healthy, Hardy, Heifers". Running from October 1st to November 19th.
We're officially inviting you and your company to participate as a sponsor for one fee.
Calf Management On-Farm Tour
August 25, 2021
Managing Forages through Drought WebinarsPart 1: Managing Pastures in Drought may be viewed here: https://vod.video.cornell.edu/media/1_19bj2cuc
Part 2: Stored Forages: Winter Feed Supply Beyond the Drought may be viewed here: https://vod.video.cornell.edu/media/1_ql576klx
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading rapidly across the world.Although cities have the most sick people, the disease has reached rural communities of New York as well. Everyone needs to take this very seriously. Agriculture is an essential business, so many of us will continue to go to work. However, we all need to take precautions to stay safe and help prevent further spread of the disease. The key things to do are limit contact with other people and keep everything very clean. We've prepared a new resource to help Spanish- and English-speaking farm employees access credible, multi-lingual information that they can use right away. Here are this links to a printable resource for farms to use:
English COVID 19 Procedures
Spanish COVID 19 Procedures
To see a full list of other relevant resources, click here.